Is it Summertime Yet?

My daughter Kaylee is obsessed with summertime. The cabin in Flagstaff, the BBQ's, the fireworks on the 4th of July.....but most of all, swimming. Kaylee can never be patient and wait. As soon as the weather warms up, she gets her little swimsuit on and one foot already out of the door. And each year her dad and I stop her and say "Kaylee, its not time yet, its just not warm enough" Her long face breaks my heart every time.

Since shes older this year, we decided to go ahead and let her test the water. This year, we have our own pool, so Kaylee is super excited!

So she gets her little swim suit on, one foot out of the door and I stop her to tell her its not warm enough, and she says to me before I can utter a word. "Mom, its warm enough, ill be fine". So I guess this is the point where I have to start letting go, just a little.

And you know I a momtog so I just had to get pics of her first swim this summer that lasted all of 5 minutes. Guess what? Thats right, the water wasnt warm enough:)









No comments:

Post a Comment